Mastering Positive Assertiveness
In this course, students will discover the best techniques to be properly assertive, and what are the ideal approaches in differing situations.
Private classes on this topic are available. We can address your organization’s issues, time constraints, and save you money, too. Contact us to find out how.
Develop the necessary skills to communicate with confidence
Apply communication styles that maximize benefits
Augment your listening and hearing skills to increase engagement
Utilize that art of asking questions to elicit more from others
Leverage your body language for full communication
Make the best first impressions by looking, sounding and being confident
1. What is Assertiveness?
- Differentiating Self-confidence from Assertiveness
- Understanding the Four Styles of Communication
- What Separates Assertiveness from Passiveness, Aggressiveness, and Passive-Aggressiveness
2. Dimensions of Communication
- Differentiating Listening from Hearing
- Developing Emphatic Listening Skills
- Utilizing Question Types – Open, Clarifying, and Closed
- Converting Negative Thinking into Positive Thinking
3. Body Language Says It All
- Managing Your Appearance
- Understanding Non-verbal Communication
- Making the Right First Impression
- Speaking with Confidence
- Relaxing and Reducing Anxiety
4. Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Building Rapport and Trust
- Appreciating the Different Ways that People Send and Receive Information
- Breaking Down Barriers and Building Consensus
- Applying PEGASUS
- Utilizing a Tactical Approach
- Choosing the Proper Form of Communication
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.