Communicating Across Your Organization
Effective communication is how employees and management interact to reach organizational goals. Getting this right results in a happier, more engaged workforce who get more done. Unfortunately, there are often significant barriers – language, culture, distrust, distance – to effective communication. The activities and discussions in this workshop will help you identify the essential elements of effective communications within your organization and develop communication strategies that harness both interpersonal and organizational awareness to build trust, strengthen collaboration, and increase productivity.
Private classes on this topic are available. We can address your organization’s issues, time constraints, and save you money, too. Contact us to find out how.
Describe common communication barriers
Understand how to use effective interpersonal skills in their spoken and written communications
Analyze the pillars of organizational awareness
Apply principles of effective facilitation
Understand how to adapt their approach to different learning and communication styles
1. A History of Organizational Communication
- A Historical Perspective
- Classic vs. Human Relations Communications
- Generational and Technological Change
- Digital Communication
- Effectiveness of Communication Channels
2. The Effectiveness of Interpersonal Skills
- Limitations of Self-Awareness
- Transactional Analysis
- Connecting with Powerful Communication
- Active Listening
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- The Power of Facilitation
3. The Pillars of Organizational Awareness
- Culture and Behavior
- Creating Psychological Safety
- Inclusion and Belonging
- Sweaty-Palmed Conversations
- Care and Challenge Each Other
4. The Adaptation of Communication Strategies
- Factors in Communication
- Communication Barriers
- Adapting to Different Learning and Communication Styles
- Communication Strategies Across Time
- Position and Posture
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.