10 Soft Skills You Need
In this course, students will develop a core set of soft skills by managing and looking at the way people interact and seeing things in a new light.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to better interact and communicate in the workplace.
1 – GETTING STARTED
- Housekeeping Items
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Workshop Objectives
- The Parking Lot
- Action Plan
2 – WHAT ARE SOFT SKILLS?
- Definition of Soft Skills
- Empathy and the Emotional Intelligence Quotient
- Learned vs. Inborn Traits
3 – SOFT SKILL 1: COMMUNICATION
- Ways We Communicate
- Improving Non-Verbal Communication
- Openness and Honesty
4 – SOFT SKILL 2: TEAMWORK
- Identifying Capabilities
- Get Into Your Role
- Learn the Whole Process
- The Power of Flow
5 – SOFT SKILL 3: PROBLEM SOLVING
- Define the Problem
- Generate Alternative Solutions
- Evaluate the Plans
- Implementation and Re-evaluation
6 – SOFT SKILL 4: TIME MANAGEMENT
- The Art of Scheduling
- Managing Distractions
- The Multitasking Myth
7 – SOFT SKILL 5 AND 6: ATTITUDE AND WORK ETHIC
- What Are You Working For?
- Caring for Others vs. Self
- Building Trust
- Work Is Its Own Reward
8 – SOFT SKILL 7: ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY
- Getting over the Good Old Days Syndrome
- Changing to Manage Process
- Changing to Manage People
- Showing You’re Worth Your Weight in Adaptability
9 – SOFT SKILL 8: SELF-CONFIDENCE
- Confident Traits
- Surefire Confidence Building Tactics
- Build Up Others
10 – SOFT SKILL 9: ABILITY TO LEARN FROM CRITICISM
- Wow, You Mean I’m Not Perfect?
- Listen With An Open Mind
- Analyze and Learn
- Clear the Air and Don’t Hold Any Grudges
11 – SOFT SKILL 10: NETWORKING
- Redefining Need
- Identifying Others’ Interests
- Reaching Out
- When to Back Off
12 – WRAPPING UP
- Words From The Wise
- Review Of The Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Recommended Reading
- Completion Of Action Plans And Evaluations
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.