Tableau Desktop – Part 1
As technology progresses and becomes more interwoven with our businesses and lives, more and more data is collected about business and personal activities. This era of “big data” has exploded due to the rise of cloud computing, which provides an abundance of computational power and storage, allowing organizations of all sorts to capture and store data. Leveraging that data effectively can provide timely insights and competitive advantage.
The creation of data-backed visualizations is a key way data scientists, or any professional, can explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose. Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Tableau’s data connection capabilities and visualization features go far beyond those that can be found in spreadsheets, allowing users to create compelling and interactive worksheets, dashboards, and stories that bring data to life and turn data into thoughtful action.
Identify and configure basic functions of Tableau.
Connect to data sources, import data into Tableau, and save Tableau files
Create views and customize data in visualizations.
Manage, sort, and group data.
Save and share data sources and workbooks.
Filter data in views.
Customize visualizations with annotations, highlights, and advanced features.
Create and enhance dashboards in Tableau.
Create and enhance stories in Tableau
Lesson 1: Tableau Fundamentals
- Topic A: Overview of Tableau
- Topic B: Navigate and Configure Tableau
Lesson 2: Connecting to and Preparing Data
- Topic A: Connect to Data
- Topic B: Build a Data Model
- Topic C: Save Workbook Files
- Topic D: Prepare Data for Analysis
Lesson 3: Exploring Data
- Topic A: Create Views
- Topic B: Customize Data in Visualizations
Lesson 4: Managing, Sorting, and Grouping Data
- Topic A: Adjust Fields
- Topic B: Sort Data
- Topic C: Group Data
Lesson 5: Saving, Publishing, and Sharing Data
- Topic A: Save Data Sources
- Topic B: Publish Data Sources and Visualizations
- Topic C: Share Workbooks for Collaboration
Lesson 6: Filtering Data
- Topic A: Configure Worksheet Filters
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Filter Options
- Topic C: Create Interactive Filters
Lesson 7: Customizing Visualizations
- Topic A: Format and Annotate Views
- Topic B: Emphasize Data in Visualizations
- Topic C: Create Animated Workbooks
- Topic D: Best Practices for Visual Design
Lesson 8: Creating Dashboards in Tableau
- Topic A: Create Dashboards
- Topic B: Enhance Dashboards with Actions
- Topic C: Create Mobile Dashboards
Lesson 9: Creating Stories in Tableau
- Topic A: Create Stories
- Topic B: Enhance Stories with Tooltips
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.