Eliciting Requirements“Getting it right” on any project is the ability to give stakeholders what they need, not necessarily what they ask for. Solid elicitation skills are the means of identifying real needs versus the stated needs and can make or break a project’s success. In organizations with project professionals who use good eliciting skills to gather requirements, stakeholders have shared expectations and face fewer surprises, team members are more efficient in developing solutions, and project environments are more collaborative and productive. Note: This course has been approved by PMI for 7 PDUs and by IIBA for 7 CDUs.
Learning objectives, at the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of elicitation and the elicitation process.
- Use a systematic process for eliciting requirements and gathering requirements.
- Describe and identify the key elements necessary to plan an elicitation session.
- Learn to develop good questions that can elicit the right information at the right time.
- Understand the essential steps to conducting elicitation sessions, including how to open and close the session.
- Learn how to document and confirm elicitation results.
1 – Elicitation Overview
- Requirements Overview
- Elicitation Framework
2 – Preparing for Elicitation
- Elicitation Prep Considerations
- Top Six Elicitation Techniques
- Preparation Tips and Techniques
3 – Developing Good Questions
- Questions Overview
- Types of Questions
- Questions to Elicit Different Types of Requirements
4 – Conducting, Documenting & Confirming Elicitation Results
- Opening the Session
- Effectively Running the Session
- Capturing and Confirming Session Results
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.