In this course, students will use fundamental security principles to install and configure cybersecurity controls and participate in incident response and risk mitigation.
– Compare and contrast attacks.
– Compare and contrast security controls.
– Use security assessment tools.
– Explain basic cryptography concepts.
– Implement a public key infrastructure.
– Implement identity and access management controls.
– Manage access services and accounts.
– Implement a secure network architecture.
– Install and configure security appliances.
– Install and configure wireless and physical access security.
– Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
– Implement secure network access protocols.
– Implement secure network applications.
– Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts.
– Describe secure application development concepts.
– Explain organizational security concepts.
1 – Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Compare and Contrast Security Control and Framework Types
2 – Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Explain Threat Actor Types and Attack Vectors
- Explain Threat Intelligence Sources
3 – Performing Security Assessments
- Assess Organizational Security with Network Reconnaissance Tools
- Explain Security Concerns with General Vulnerability Types
- Summarize Vulnerability Scanning Techniques
- Explain Penetration Testing Concepts
4 – Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Compare and Contrast Social Engineering Techniques
- Analyze Indicators of Malware-Based Attacks
5 – Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Compare and Contrast Cryptographic Ciphers
- Summarize Cryptographic Modes of Operation
- Summarize Cryptographic Use Cases and Weaknesses
- Summarize Other Cryptographic Technologies
6 – Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Implement PKI Management
7 – Implementing Authentication Controls
- Summarize Authentication Design Concepts
- Implement Knowledge-Based Authentication
- Implement Authentication Technologies
- Summarize Biometrics Authentication Concepts
8 – Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Identity and Account Types
- Implement Account Policies
- Implement Authorization Solutions
- Explain the Importance of Personnel Policies
9 – Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Implement Secure Network Designs
- Implement Secure Switching and Routing
- Implement Secure Wireless Infrastructure
- Implement Load Balancers
10 – Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Implement Firewalls and Proxy Servers
- Implement Network Security Monitoring
- Summarize the Use of SIEM
11 – Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Implement Secure Network Operations Protocols
- Implement Secure Application Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Access Protocols
12 – Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Implement Secure Firmware
- Implement Endpoint Security
- Explain Embedded System Security Implications
13 – Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Implement Secure Mobile Device Connections
14 – Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Analyze Indicators of Application Attacks
- Analyze Indicators of Web Application Attacks
- Summarize Secure Coding Practices
- Implement Secure Script Environments
- Summarize Deployment and Automation Concepts
15 – Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Summarize Secure Cloud and Virtualization Services
- Apply Cloud Security Solutions
- Summarize Infrastructure as Code Concepts
16 – Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Explain Privacy and Data Sensitivity Concepts
- Explain Privacy and Data Protection Controls
17 – Performing Incident Response
- Summarize Incident Response Procedures
- Utilize Appropriate Data Sources for Incident Response
- Apply Mitigation Controls
18 – Explaining Digital Forensics
- Explain Key Aspects of Digital Forensics Documentation
- Explain Key Aspects of Digital Forensics Evidence Acquisition
19 – Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Explain Risk Management Processes and Concepts
- Explain Business Impact Analysis Concepts
20 – Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Implement Redundancy Strategies
- Implement Backup Strategies
- Implement Cybersecurity Resiliency Strategies
21 – Explaining Physical Security
- Explain the Importance of Physical Site Security Controls
- Explain the Importance of Physical Host Security Controls
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.