CompTIA Project+In this course, students will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle and roles and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close a project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Perform the pre-project setup.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan project strategies.
- Develop project schedules.
- Plan project staffing, communication, and quality.
- Plan project risk management.
- Plan project costs.
- Plan project procurements.
- Plan for change management and transitions.
- Manage project execution.
- Manage project procurement.
- Control project performance.
- Monitor and control the triple constraints.
- Monitor project risks and procurements.
- Perform the project closure processes.
1 – Exploring Project Management Fundamentals
- Examine the Basics of Project Management
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Examine Organizational Influences on Project Management
2 – Performing the Pre-Project Setup
- Create a Project Concept Definition Statement
- Examine Project Selection
- Determine Strategic and Operational Relevance
- Perform Project Feasibility
- Determine Technical Requirements
3 – Initiating a Project
- Prepare a Project Statement of Work
- Create a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
4 – Planning Project Strategy
- Identify Elements of the Project Management Plan and Subsidiary Plans
- Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Create a Scope Statement
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure
5 – Developing the Project Schedule
- Create an Activity List
- Create a Project Schedule Network Diagram
- Identify Resources
- Estimate Time
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Identify the Critical Path
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Create a Schedule Baseline
6 – Planning Human Resources, Communication, and Quality
- Create a Human Resource Plan
- Create a Communications Management Plan
- Create a Quality Management Plan
7 – Planning Project Risk Management
- Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
8 – Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
9 – Planning Project Procurements
- Plan Project Procurements
- Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
10 – Planning for Change Management and Transitions
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Develop a Transition Plan
11 – Managing Project Execution
- Direct Project Execution
- Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Assemble a Project Team
- Develop a Project Team
- Manage a Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
12 – Managing Project Procurement
- Obtain Responses from Sellers
- Determine Project Sellers
13 – Control Project Performance
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Manage Project Changes
- Report on Project Performance
14 – Monitor and Control the Triple Constraints
- Control Project Scope
- Control Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Manage Project Quality
15 – Monitoring Project Risks and Procurements
- Control Project Risks
- Managing Vendors and Procurements
16 – Performing the Project Closure Processes
- Deliver the Final Product
- Close Project Procurements
- Conduct a Closeout Meeting
- Close a Project
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.