CompTIA A+CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
On course completion, participants will be able to:
- Support operating systems.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Implement operational procedures.
1 – Installing Motherboards and Connectors
- Explain Cable Types and Connectors
- Install and Configure Motherboards
- Explain Legacy Cable Types
2 – Installing System Devices
- Install and Configure Power Supplies and Cooling
- Select and Install Storage Devices
- Install and Configure System Memory
- Install and Configure CPUs
3 – Troubleshooting PC Hardware
- Apply Troubleshooting Methodology
- Configure BIOS/UEFI
- Troubleshoot Power and Disk Issues
- Troubleshoot System and Display Issues
4 – Comparing Local Networking Hardware
- Compare Network Types
- Compare Networking Hardware
- Explain Network Cable Types
- Compare Wireless Networking Types
5 – Configuring Network Addressing and Internet Connections
- Compare Internet Connection Types
- Use Basic TCP/IP Concepts
- Compare Protocols and Ports
- Compare Network Configuration Concepts
6 – Supporting Network Services
- Summarize Services Provided by Networked Hosts
- Compare Internet and Embedded Appliances
- Troubleshoot Networks
7 – Summarizing Virtualization and Cloud Concepts
- Summarize Client-Side Virtualization
- Summarize Cloud Concepts
8 – Supporting Mobile Devices
- Set Up Mobile Devices and Peripherals
- Configure Mobile Device Apps
- Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
9 – Supporting Print Devices
- Deploy Printer and Multifunction Devices
- Replace Print Device Consumables
- Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
10 – Configuring Windows
- Configure Windows User Settings
- Configure Windows System Settings
11 – Managing Windows
- Use Management Consoles
- Use Performance and Troubleshooting Tools
- Use Command-line Tools
12 – Identifying OS Types and Features
- Explain OS Types
- Compare Windows Editions
13 – Supporting Windows
- Perform OS Installations and Upgrades
- Install and Configure Applications
- Troubleshoot Windows OS Problems
14 – Managing Windows Networking
- Manage Windows Networking
- Troubleshoot Windows Networking
- Configure Windows Security Settings
- Manage Windows Shares
15 – Managing Linux and macOS
- Identify Features of Linux
- Identify Features of macOS
16 – Configuring SOHO Network Security
- Explain Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Compare Wireless Security Protocols
- Configure SOHO Router Security
- Summarize Security Measures
17 – Managing Security Settings
- Configure Workstation Security
- Configure Browser Security
- Troubleshoot Workstation Security Issues
18 – Supporting Mobile Software
- Configure Mobile OS Security
- Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Software
- Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Security
19 – Using Support and Scripting Tools
- Use Remote Access Technologies
- Implement Backup and Recovery
- Explain Data Handling Best Practices
- Identify Basics of Scripting
20 – Implementing Operational Procedures
- Implement Best Practice Documentation
- Use Proper Communication Techniques
- Use Common Safety and Environmental Procedures
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.