AWS Technical Essentials
Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
1 – AWS introduction and history
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Demonstration: AWS Management Console
2 – AWS Storage
- Identify key AWS storage options
- Describe Amazon EBS
- Create an Amazon S3 bucket and manage associated objects
3 – Compute, network and storage services
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Demonstration: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Hands-on lab: Build your VPC and launch a web server
4 – AWS Security, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Demonstration: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
5 – Compute Services & Networking
- Identify the different AWS compute and networking options
- Describe an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance
- Use Amazon EBS with Amazon EC2
6 – Managed Services & Database
- Describe Amazon DynamoDB
- Understand key aspects of Amazon RDS
- Launch an Amazon RDS instance
7 – Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data storage considerations
- Hands-on lab: Build your database server and connect to it
8 – AWS elasticity and management tools
- Auto scaling
- Load balancing
- Cloud Watch
- Trusted Advisor
- Hands-on lab: Scale and load balance your architecture
9 – Deployment and Management
- Identify what is CloudFormation
- Describe Amazon CloudWatch metrics and alarms
- Describe Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.