55344 Identity with Windows Server
Identity with Windows ServerThis five-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory – related issues with Windows Server. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). Although this course and the associated labs are written for Windows Server 2022, the skills taught will also be backwards compatible for Server 2016 and Server 2019. The course and labs also focus on how to administer Windows Server using not only the traditional tools such as PowerShell and Server manager, but also Windows Admin Center.
Identity with Windows Server
Learning objectives, at the end of the course you will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Some exposure to and experience with Active Directory concepts and technologies in Windows Server.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding basic server virtualization concepts.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Identity with Windows Server
1 – Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
2 – Managing objects in AD DS
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
3 – Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
4 – Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
5 – Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
6 – Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, software installation, and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
7 – Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
8 – Deploying and managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
9 – Deploying and managing certificates
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
10 – Implementing and administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Web Application Proxy Overview
11 – Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
12 – Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
13 – Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.