55318 Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShellThis three-day course teaches students how to automate administrative tasks using PowerShell. Students will learn crucial scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors. Candidates will learn how to use PowerShell when working with Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS, Windows PowerShell Workflow, .NET resources, the REST API and XML, CSV & JSON formatted data files.
Learning objectives, at the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create advanced functions.
- Use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell.
- Handle script errors.
- Use XML, JSON, and custom formatted data.
- Manage Microsoft Azure resources
- Analyze and debug scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell workflow.
1 – Creating advanced functions
- Lesson 1: Converting a command into an advanced function
- Lesson 2: Creating a script module
- Lesson 3: Defining parameter attributes and input validation
- Lesson 4: Writing functions that accept pipeline input
- Lesson 5: Producing complex pipeline output
- Lesson 6: Using comment-based Help
- Lesson 7: Using Whatif and Confirm parameters
2 – Using Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell
- Lesson 1: Using .NET Framework in PowerShell
- Lesson 2: Using REST API in PowerShell
3 – Writing controller scripts
- Lesson 1: Understanding controller scripts
- Lesson 2: Writing controller scripts with a user interface
- Lesson 3: Writing controller scripts that create reports
4 – Handling script errors
- Lesson 1: Understanding error handling
- Lesson 2: Handling errors in a script
5 – Using XML, JSON, and custom-formatted data
- Lesson 1: Working with XML formatted data
- Lesson 2: Working with JSON formatted data
- Lesson 3: Working with custom-formatted data
6 – Enhancing server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration
- Lesson 1: Implementing Desired State Configuration
- Lesson 2: Implementing Just Enough Administration
7 – Analyzing and debugging scripts
- Lesson 1: Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Lesson 2: Analyzing and debugging an existing script
8 – Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
- Lesson 1: Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflows
- Lesson 2: Running Windows PowerShell Workflows
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 3 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.